Rifle Dynamics just came out with a “bolt on” package for your AK allowing you to take a standard AK and make it an excellent fighting rifle minus only a red dot.
The package includes (I have added retail prices next to each item for reference):
- Ultimak M1-b rail ($100)
- RD AK M4 stock adapter ($65)
- Mil-spec buffer tube ($30)
- Castle nut ($7 from BCM)
- End plate (standard or QD) ($5)
- B5 System stock ($56)
- US Palm grip ($25)
Comes to a grand total of $288 and that does not include shipping for all the individual parts, so it’s a deal if this is the setup you want.
I will say that I have tried most of the different configurations to make an AK a better fighting rifle and the Ultimak with a RDS is the way to go from a function vs weight perspective. The M4 stock is a great addition if you need a longer length of pull or like me, you have an optic side mount setup and need the longer length of pull for prone shooting. I see the US Palm grip as a must have for any AK unless it’s a safe queen.
I attended the Rifle Dynamics AK armorer/operator course this weekend (I will do a write up shortly) and picked up one of the new RD AK M4 stock adapters. I threw it on my 74 last night and will put it through some testing in the coming weeks with a review to follow.
Overall for $255 I think this is a great way to do an all in one modernization of your AK and save some coin while doing it. You can purchase it directly from Rifle Dynamics HERE.
Follow us on Google+
One of the reasons for the creation of this blog was to foster an environment where we could do in-depth reviews on products that we would use ourselves or found intriguing in the industry. About 70% of the product that we review we purchased for ourselves and the other 30% are offered to us from companies that would like us to test and evaluate the product and then do a review. We take the T&E portion seriously.
Items that we get for T&E, sometimes are sent back because there is nothing to review – the product is a fail. Its not worth our time or yours to do the review. Sometimes we are totally blown away. The Strike Industries AK Rear Sight Rail Review was one of those. We thought for the cost and just the whole idea the product was going to be a fail. That product turned out to be a cheap awesome way to put a red dot on an AK and is rock solid.
So let’s say we want to buy a new rail system for a rifle, AK or AR, doesn’t matter. We’re going to narrow our results on a few possibilities based on price and the features we want. From there we will go out and scour the web for reviews on those rails that have been down selected. 90% of the time, those reviews suck! They are “company A sent us this rail and its awesome, you should buy it”. Really?? Essentially company A sent you a rail for free and you just had to throw up a review on it so you put it on your rifle, took some pictures, and then you called it good. Be wary of awesome reviews the day or week a new product is released, chances are good some people wanted some free shit.
As an FYI, this is not our style. Please take Fleeting’s reviews as data points in your own research. Hopefully we bring you content and answers you can’t find anywhere else.
Sorry for the short rant, we just get tired of the BS sometimes.
Thanks again for all the support!!
Follow us on Google+